The Alberta Paramedics Drivers Operator Course
DURATION: Blended 40 hours
The program can be taken as an entry level or a refresher program on safe driving techniques, attitudes and preparation of safe driving concepts. This course is designed for drivers in the Emergency Medical Services Industry.
Approved for Continuing Education Credits with ACoP
14 Hours Online Pre course Preparation:
- - Student Resource Material
- - Recorded Presentations by our instructors of the course content
- - Alberta Traffic Acts and Regulations
- - 6 Hours of online Defensive Driving - 3 Demerit Reduction Points for Alberta Drivers Only
This 6 hour online Defensive Driving program is approved by the Alberta Government for reduction of 3 demerits points from an Alberta operator’s licence. This program contains audio, video and interactive exercises.
Duration:6 hours as per Alberta Government regulations
- - Driver competency model
- - SAFER system of defensive driving
- - Adverse conditions
- - Most common collision
- - Other Collisions
- - Drinking, driving and drugs
- - Fatigue
Testing conducted in this online Defensive Driving 3 Demerit Reduction Program is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to qualify for a 3 demerit point reduction from an Alberta operator’s license.
PROGRAM CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Alberta residents who achieve the required passing mark will receive an Alberta course completion certificate.
20 Hours of Practical Driving, Driver Simulation
- - Comprehensive Virtual Simulation and Practical Driving Practice.
- Written/Practical Examination
Students must be 18 years of age to attend this program and hold a Valid drivers licence.
This Program is approved with the Alberta College of Paramedics.