The Alberta Paramedicine Driver Operators Course
DURATION: Blended 40 hours
The program can be taken as an information program on safe driving techniques, attitudes and preparation of safe driving concepts. This course is designed for drivers in the Emergency Medical Services Industry.
Approved for Continuing Education Credits with the Alberta College of Paramedics.
8 Hour Online Pre-Course Preparation:
- - Student Resource Material
- - Mini Content Quizzes
- - Recorded Presentations
- - Alberta Traffic Acts and Regulations
- - 6 Hours of online Defensive Driving - (Optional 3 Demerit Reduction Points for Alberta Drivers Only) Through Danatec
- - 3 Days in Classroom
- 2.5 hours on the driving simulator prior to the course (This time will be scheduled through your confirmation email from The WIEE)
- 30 Hours of classroom, live driving and obstacle course training.
This 6 hour online Defensive Driving program is approved by the Alberta Government. This program contains audio, video and interactive exercises.
Duration: 6 hours as per Alberta Government regulations
- - Driver competency model
- - SAFER system of defensive driving
- - Adverse conditions
- - Most common collision
- - Other Collisions
- - Drinking, driving and drugs
- - Fatigue
Testing conducted in this online Defensive Driving Program is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved.
PROGRAM CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Alberta residents who achieve the required passing mark will receive an Alberta course completion certificate.
Practical Driving, Driver Simulation
- Virtual Simulation Driving Practice.
- Written/Simulation Examination
Students must be 18 years of age to attend this program.
This Program is approved with the Alberta College of Paramedics.