This is the outline of the application process for our PCP program. Its broken down into 4 stages. Please see each stage below.
Phase 1: Academic Review
The first part is to apply and submit proof of your academic history to date. The required Items for this review outlined on your application form as well as here.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED/equivalent OR Post Secondary Education equivalent to or above a grade 12 OR Mature Student Application
- Current BLS Provider, CPR Level C or Health Care Provider (Heart & Stroke Preferred)***
- Driver’s License - Class 5 minimum.
Please include one of the following:
- Current Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Alberta College of Paramedics Practice Permit
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Certificate/Transcript *
- Medical First Responder (MFR) Certificate
- Advanced First Aid (AFA) Certificate
- An Alberta College of Paramedics Practice Permit is NOT required to apply for the PCP Program.
- Pay $100.00 Application fee
Phase 2: Skills and Knowledge Review
- Complete a 200 question Comprehensive EMR Knowledge Exam
- Complete a Scenario at the EMR level
- Complete a Interview (Bring Copies of your Reference letters to this portion of the Process)
Phase 3: Submissions of final required documents
- Criminal Record check with Vulnerable sector completed within 90 days
- Proof of all Immunizations up to date.
- Completed Medical Form
Phase 4: Financial
- Proof of student loan approval or student funding
- Pay $500 deposit to secure your spot. (Goes towards tuition)
- Or payment contract signed with first payment received.