To apply for the Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Program through the Western Institute of Emergency Education (
It is the responsibility of an applicant to ensure an application submitted to WIEE is complete:
- - Complete the application in its entirety.
- - If you do not have an Alberta Student ID #, you can create one at this time.
- - Once you have filled out the required information and you submit the application, please pay the application fee of $125.00 (GST $131.50) by using the shopping cart.
- - Once this is complete, and we have reviewed your application you will be notified if you have been accepted.
*** If you are missing some documents, please contact our office for direction**
*** If you are waiting for specific documents you can contact our office to inform us of this and we can put your application on hold pending the missing documents****
Mature Student Application/Recognition:
In order to be reviewed as a mature student, please contact our office regarding this process.
Information that we may review:
- - Any education completed
- - Any Post Secondary education or certificate programs as well as other relevant training
- - Documentation detailing current work experiences
Contact our office to speak to us regarding your Mature Student application for review.
If you have any questions or inquiries email us at EMR@emergencyed.ca or call us at 780-643-6163 and select Registrations.