To apply for the Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Program through the Western Institute of Emergency Education (
It is the responsibility of an applicant to ensure an application submitted to WIEE is complete:
- Click the application link below. This will take you to an external site.
- Or fill out the PDF version and email it to EMR@emergencyed.ca
- If you do not have an Alberta Student ID #, you can create it one at this time.
- Alberta Student Number Search
- Once you have filled out the required information and you submit the application you will be generated an invoice for the application fee of $125.00 = GST ($131.50)
- Pay this fee by contacting our office at 780-643-6163 or e-transfer the payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once this is complete, and we have reviewed your application you will be notified if you have been accepted.
*** If you are missing some documents, please contact our office for direction**
*** If you are waiting for specific documents you can contact our office to inform us of this and we can put your application on hold pending the missing documents****
Mature Student Application/Recognition:
In order to be reviewed as a mature student, please contact our office and speak to Shane regarding this process.
Information that we may review:
- Any education completed
- Any Post Secondary education or certificate programs as well as other relevant training
- Documentation detailing current work experiences
Contact our office to speak to us regarding your Mature Student application for review.
If you have any questions or inquiries email us at EMR@emergencyed.ca or call us at 780-643-6163 and select Registrations.