To apply for the Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Program through the Western Institute of Emergency Education (WIEE) you must complete the online form below.
It is the responsibility of an applicant to ensure an application submitted to WIEE is complete:
- - Complete the application in its entirety.
- - If you do not have an Alberta Student ID #, you can create one at this time.
- - Once this is complete, and we have reviewed your application you will be notified if you have been accepted.
*** If you are missing some documents, please contact our office for direction**
*** If you are waiting for specific documents you can contact our office to inform us of this and we can put your application on hold pending the missing documents****
Mature Student Application/Recognition:
In order to apply under a mature student we will review any of the following criteria for mature student application:
- Graduated high school more than 5 years Minimum
- Any post secondary education or certificate training
- Any applicable training related to emergency services and experience
- Work history (Resume)
- Letter of reference
if you have any questions as a mature student, please contact our office regarding this process.
If you have any questions or inquiries email us at EMR@emergencyed.ca or call us at 780-643-6163 and select Registrations.