Emergency First Aid Courses
Our emergency first aid course covers basic lifesaving skills as well as cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills either at Level A or C. If you require certification for work, this is ideal. The training meets all the legislation requirements for worker safety and insurance boards across Canada.
You can choose to take the full 6.5 to 7.5 hours in class or a blended course that consists of 3.5 to 4.5 hours with approximately 4 hours of online learning. Whichever option you choose, the in-class training component will take place over the course of one day.
During the training, you will learn:
- How to respond to emergencies
- The check, call, care procedure
- About the emergency medical system (EMS)
- How to cope with airway emergencies
- What to do in a breathing or circulation emergency
- How to deal with cardiac arrest
- How to care for wounds
To pass, you will need to attend the entire course, demonstrate your acquired skills, score at least 75 percent on the written exam, and adhere to the Fundamental Principles. This will provide you with a certification that is valid for three years.
- First Aid & CPR (print and/or eBook)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Emergency First Aid CPR – Online (Blended only)
- Emergency First Aid certificate (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
Advanced First Aid
For those who are already experienced in first aid and wish to take their skills to the next level, we offer an advanced first aid course. This training is suitable for anyone working in emergency situations, such as paramedics, nurses, and physicians. It's also ideal for those who want to enter the healthcare field. If you are a practitioner registering with the Alberta College of Paramedics, you can use this course to receive credits. For more information, please visit our Advanced First Aid page.
First Aid Instructor Course
The Western Institute of Emergency Education is pleased to offer a first aid instructor course. This first aid course is designed for professionals who have experience working in emergency situations in Canada and wish to pass their knowledge on to others. For more information, please visit our First Aid Instructor Course page.