Engage in hands-on training and learn protection methods for preventing falls.
At the end of this course, you will be certified in Fall Protection through Energy Safety Canada (ESC).
Workers who need basic fall protection training to work in areas with potential fall hazards.
Note: While this basic course can be used as part of a worker's competency assessment, the employer must designate a worker as a "competent person" based on the specific tasks assigned.
DURATION: 1 Day
Certificate Expiry: 3 Years
- Fall protection concepts
- Legislation and regulations
- Safety measures and best practices
- Identifying and assessing fall hazards
- Fall arrest systems and equipment
- Protection planning
- Effects of a fall and fall rescue planning
Participants will engage in hands-on training activities, including inspecting, fitting, adjusting and connecting fall protection systems and components