Designed for providers who are first to evaluate and stabilize the trauma patient. This 8 hour renewal course provides complete training in the skills needed for rapid assessment, resuscitation, stabilization and transportation of trauma patients.
The ITLS Advanced/Basic course builds on this knowledge, emphasizing evaluation steps and sequencing as well as techniques for resuscitating and packaging patients. Hands-on stations include:
- Rapid trauma patient assessment and management
- Basic and advanced airway management
- Needle chest decompression and fluid resuscitation
- Spinal motion restriction — rapid extrication, short back board, helmet management, log roll, and long back board/ scoop stretcher utilization
- Extremity immobilization and traction splint application.
Prerequisites: Current registration as a healthcare professional including physicians, physician assistants, paramedics, nurses, MQL5 or other allied health professional that holds suitable qualifications for entry.