Pet First Aid Classes with The Western Institute of Emergency Education
The Western Institute of Emergency First Aid Pet First Aid Classes are to our knowledge the most comprehensive pet safety and pet first aid program available.
Important topics covered in the pet first aid classes include:
- Immediate steps to take in an emergency.
- What to include in your Pet First Aid kit.
- How to safely approach an injured animal.
- How to complete a Head to toe assessment.
- How to restrain an injured animal.
- How to transport an injured animal.
- Recognition of signs of common illness and injury.
- How to handle various bleeding wounds.
- Bone injuries.
- Ear injuries.
- Eye injuries.
- Choking skills.
- Artificial Respiration.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Frostbite and hypothermia.
- Heat stroke.
- Administration of medications.
- Strong emphasis on prevention of illness and injury.
- And More...
Why WIEE Pet First Aid Classes?
- WIEE Pet First Aid program is recognized across Canada.
- The course is applicable to both dog AND cat owners.
- The company is internationally recognized.
- Upon successful completion CCPDT IAABC AND PSI members are eligible for CEU (continuing education) credits.
- Receive an extensive, user-friendly manual complete with custom illustrations to assist you in your time of need.
- You'll receive a beautiful Certificate of completion upon passing the course.
- WIEE works with live pets to experience them wiggling about as you try to bandage them and find their vital signs!
- Our Instructors come from an amazing variety of emergency personnel such as firefighters, nurses, and human First Aid Instructors. To animal specialists such as Veterinary technicians, dog trainers, and kennel owners.
- The Pet First Aid courses are informative AND fun!
Certificate is valid for 3 years from course completion. Requests for replacement certificates must be made in writing and are $15 CAD.
PET FIRST AID
To many of us, our pets are family members.
Walks 'N' Wags has been offering Pet First Aid Classes since 2003. The WNW pet first aid course was originally developed in 1993 by Nurse Ethne Dickinson of Oakland Educational Services Ltd. and a team of Veterinary professionals.
In September 2007, Ethne passed over the administration over the program to Walks 'N' Wags. Since that time, Walks 'N' Wags Pet First Aid program has been updated and is reviewed regularly by a Veterinary panel for accuracy. Our goal is to train quality Pet First Aid Instructors to provide fun, hands-on education to pet owners and pet care professionals.
Interested in participating in a Walks 'N' Wags Pet First Aid course? No previous first aid experience is needed. Sign up today! You will have a fun, informative day and leave feeling confident that you can be there in your pets' time of need.
PRIVATE COURSES AVAILABLE:
If you would like to arrange a private class for a shelter, dog club or other group feel free to contact us for cost and details.