First Aid For Pets
WIEE Pet First Aid Classes are to our knowledge the most comprehensive pet safety and pet first aid program available.
Pet First Aid Classes with The Western Institute of Emergency Education
WIEE Pet First Aid Classes by Walks N Wags is to our knowledge the most comprehensive pet safety and pet first aid program available.
Important topics covered in the pet first aid classes include:
- Immediate steps to take in an emergency.
- What to include in your Pet First Aid kit.
- How to safely approach an injured animal.
- How to complete a Head to toe assessment.
- How to restrain an injured animal.
- How to transport an injured animal.
- Recognition of signs of common illness and injury.
- How to handle various bleeding wounds.
- Bone injuries.
- Ear injuries.
- Eye injuries.
- Choking skills.
- Artificial Respiration.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Frostbite and hypothermia.
- Heat stroke.
- Administration of medications.
- Strong emphasis on prevention of illness and injury.
- And More...
- If you are interested in bringing your animal to class please fill out the registration form as we allow a max of 6 per class.
- This course is 10 hrs long , and if needing Credits please let us know so we can file the paperwork.