Cannabis in the Workplace:
Cannabis is the Workplace is Training for Workers aiming to give employees the best possible understanding of the differences between medical and recreational cannabis, their responsibilities when using medical cannabis in the workplace, and employer responsibilities. This course explains the laws relating to human rights legislation and the duty to accommodate employees who have medical authorization to use cannabis.
Who Should Take the Course?
This course has been designed to educate employees about cannabis in the workplace, focusing on the issue of impairment and providing practical information about their rights and responsibilities.
The purpose of this course is to provide a foundation that you can build upon when understanding the facts regarding cannabis in the workplace. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
• Understand the facts about medical and recreational cannabis use in Canada
• Identify the potential causes and effects of impairment
• Describe the signs and symptoms of impairment in the workplace
• Understand the health and safety responsibilities of employers and employees
• Explain the duty to accommodate, as it applies to the use of medical cannabis.
The best part about this online course is that it is self-paced. Participants may leave the course at any time and can resume where they left off. The duration will depend on the individual participant and their prior knowledge of the subject matter. On average, the course will take about 1 hour to complete.
If you are interested in this program as an individual, or you would like to incorporate this into your work place, we have multiple options for both needs.